Medical Group Practices, whether multi-specialty or single specialty, face challenges unrelated to solo-practices. Recruitment and retention of new physicians requires a environment that supports academic interests as well as personal and professional growth. Salary requirements are increasing as insurance and medicare reimbursements continue to decrease. It is becoming increasingly more competitive among group practices to recruit physicians.
A group practice which includes a research department is a means to meet the candidate’s requirements. Conducting clinical research serves to provide physicians with knowledge and access to novel medical treatments at no cost to the patient while receiving full compensation for the services performed. The ability to collaborate with partners on a daily basis regarding study patients and study progress cultivates communication and enhances partner relationships. Investigators also have opportunities to publish peer reviewed articles related to clinical studies.
Developing a research department providing shared resources to the investigators reduce the cost of running a clinical study and maximizes revenue. Many studies can be run simultaneously with the assistance of trained study personnel.
CPR provides consulting services to group practices that seek to establish a research department as well as group practices currently conducting clinical trials.
CPR services include:
- Conduct a site assessment
- Analyze practice and clinic workflow
- Identify leadership and support staff
- Identify ancillary services available to support studies
- Evaluate opportunities to collaborate with outside investigators if needed
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and ROI calculations
- Assist in developing a strategic plan
- Develop a marketing and business development plan
- Train investigators to analyze clinical trial protocols for feasibility, budget, and logistics of conducting the study
- Assess training needs regarding regulatory, sponsor and IRB requirements
- Evaluate use of electronic medical records, electronic data capture, and clinical trial management systems
For more information contact us today.